A visit at Revive Smiles Dentistry for the best dental crowns treatment in Seattle does not have to take so much of your time. In so much as an hour, you can bring back the pristine condition of your tooth in no time, thanks to the advanced technology offered by CEREC.
It sounds very enticing, right? But before you jump into the bandwagon, it is important that you understand the technology, benefits, and methods involved in the system.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or Ceramic Reconstruction. It uses a medical-grade computer equipped with digital infrared sensors, CAD (computer-aided design) and CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) to ensure that the whole process of tooth restoration is precise quick and successful, ensuring that you can get back to your regular routine or personal commitments right away.
CEREC is beneficial to both the patient and dentist in many ways. The advantages include:
- Waiting time on the part of the patient for tooth restoration is very short.
- It eliminates the tedious time of taking impression molds to guarantee the comfort of the patient.
- The method is painless.
- No more return trips for the whole duration of the treatment because all you need is a single trip to the best tooth crown dentist in Seattle.
- The work of the dentist is made easier and more precise with the help of the system.
- The results are effective and long-lasting.
How It Works
The traditional process of dental implants in Seattle requires at least two trips to the dentist. The first trip is when the dentist cleans the tooth and makes a mold out of it. Then a temporary fix is placed on the damaged tooth. After a few weeks, the patient will be asked to return to the clinic so the temporary restoration is removed and the permanent fix is placed.
You can do away with all that hassle with CEREC. Here are the things to expect within an hour from the time you sit on the dental chair until you leave Revive Smiles Dentistry:
- The digital infrared camera scans the damaged tooth thoroughly.
- The images are uploaded into the medical-grade computer.
- The restoration is laid out with the aid of a 3D CAD software.
- The restoration is crafted using the CAM system.
- The custom-made restoration is integrated into the healthy tissue of the damaged tooth.
That’s it! You can now go home wearing a bigger and brighter smile than ever before.