If you are experiencing pain due to tooth decay or tooth infection, there’s no need for you to suffer. It’s probably the right time for you to get root canal therapy treatment. Unlike other types of treatments, Revive Smiles Dentistry’s best root canal therapy in Seattle will help you save your tooth instead of letting it be removed.
When to Get Root Canal Treatment?
- Your gums are swollen and there seems to be puss within.
- You are experiencing sensitivity to hot and cold.
- The toothache is unbearable.
- There is tooth decay.
It should be noted though that even if you are not experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms, it does not mean that you no longer need a root canal treatment. If your dentist recommends it after you have undergone trauma or injury around your teeth, it might be a wise choice to get it soon.
You are guaranteed to revive your naturally beautiful smile after a root canal therapy because of the following benefits:
- The natural tooth is preserved.
- The rate of success is high and the results may last a lifetime.
- It is a very affordable remedy.
- The positions of the adjacent teeth will not be disrupted by the gap left behind by a missing tooth.
How It Works?
A root canal service may involve one or more appointments to the dentist or the endodontist who specializes in root canal treatment. The case varies depending on the work that has to be made.
Here are the things you should expect by our staff during your root canal appointment:
- An anesthetic is applied to make the tooth numb.
- A sheet of rubber is placed around the tooth to keep it dry and prevent saliva from wetting it.
- An opening is drilled on top of the tooth to make way for a couple of root canal files.
- The tooth is cleaned as the pulp is drained, the bacteria are removed and the nerve tissues are taken out one at a time. If present, the tooth decay is also removed by special dental devices.
- The opening is sealed with a permanent filling, but if the patient needs more sessions, then a temporary filling is used.
- Wait until your next appointment. It will usually take a week before the continuation of your treatment.
- The roots and cavity of the tooth are filled and sealed with special dental materials.
Things to Follow After a Root Canal Treatment?
Be reminded that in some cases, depending on your immune system and lifestyle, there is a possibility that your tooth will get infected again. To prevent this, be sure to keep in mind these things:
Here are tips to keep your teeth healthy after a root canal service:
- Avoid liquids or foods that are too hot or too cold because your tooth is still sensitive. Wait for the inflammation to subside before enjoying your favorite hot or cold foods and drinks.
- Practice good oral hygiene.
- Maintain a regular visit to the dentist.
- Follow the advice of your dentist after a successful root canal treatment to ensure its long term benefits.
Our goal is to provide exceptional, comprehensive dental care to our patients in a friendly, warm and caring environment, educating and encouraging them toward a state of optimal oral health. We continually upgrade our knowledge, skills, and expertise in all relevant areas of dental in order to ensure the highest standard of care for our patients to minimize discomfort and time in the dental chair. In Revive Smiles Dentistry we use the most advanced techniques, technologies and materials relevant to offer our patients the highest standard of quality dental health care available, in the most caring and efficient manner.
Tuesday: 8 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 8 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 3 pm